2012/02/16

Fishing and Seniority System


I love fishing.
My old friend call me once in a while.
“ Why don't you go fishing next Saturday?"
We were belonged to the same laboratory of the graduate school.
He may be two or three years older than I, and who is also my fishing mentor.

Generally speaking, the seniority system is a kind of conventional wisdom in Japan.
So, I should conform to his offer (with my pleasure!)

But I can't say yes right now.
Because I should get the permit from my wife though she is younger than I

“ Joe ask me to go to fishing next Saturday. Is it OK? You know I shouldn't decline his offer.”
She said, “I don't know. You can go wherever you like.”
I said “Thank you, but I can't help it.”

I shrugged my shoulders with hiding my smile and rushed into my room to prepare my fishing tackles with joy.

Seniority system is fading little by little.
But it is useful sometimes.


No comments:

Post a Comment