2012/02/25

NISSAN LEAF taxi


I took a taxi last week.


It was a EV (electric viecle)!
I was little excited.
“ Wow  this is a NISSAN's LEAF! " 
“It's quiet and cool style  !”
"I'm so lucky”


The driver said, 
It is said that Leaf can cruise about 200Km(124miles)per full charge, but  it can about 100Km.
So, he can't drive whole day without charging.
Especially it seems that electricity decrease fast in the winter and rainy day.
Moreover the charging station is few. 


There are fifty LEAF taxis in Osaka  prefecture.
Most of them are owned  by the companies.
He said that he is a self-employed taxi driver but think about ecology than inconvenience.
It is so cool.
I really enjoyed the wonderful LEAF and small talk.

2 comments:

  1. Wow!
    How lucky!!
    I've never been on one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also saw a LEAF taxi in Shibuya. It probably may appear around Chiba shortly.

      Delete